Clonakilty Blackpudding is Ireland’s favourite blackpudding. First made in the 1880's, the secret recipe remains the same to this day. Irish Farmers provide the wholesome ingredients to make the unique and famous Clonakilty Blackpudding. It is this special blend of ingredients that gives Clonakilty its unique taste, crumbly texture and distinctive flavour.
We think its best when cut to 2cm thick and either shallow fried or grilled.
Store below 4°C.
Eat within 5 days of opening.
Suitable for home freezing. Slice and freeze on day of opening.
Suitable for Home Freezing
Prepare & Use
Cooking Instructions - General
Preparation: Slice to approximately 2cm thick; place the product beside the markings above, and cut to this width. Remove wrapper before cooking.
Grill - From Chilled
Grill on a medium to high heat for approximately 4 minutes on each side.
Shallow Fry - From Chilled
Shallow fry on a medium to high heat for approximately 4 minutes on each side.
Clonakilty Blackpudding Co.,
16 Pearse St.,
Oatmeal, Onions, Beef Fat, Water, Dried Blood, Natural Spices
Suitable for Coeliacs
Free From Gluten
Free From Artificial Colours
Free From Artificial Flavours
Free From Artificial Preservatives
|of which sugars
|of which saturates
ABOUT CLONAKILTY BLACKPUDDING CO,
From small beginnings at the butcher shop to the present day. Here is some interesting information about our products and company.
Some facts about us
- Clonakilty is the leading pudding in Ireland.
- Colette Twomey is the sole owner and only person who knows the secret spice mix for the famous Clonakilty Blackpudding.
- At Clonakilty we make over 20 tonnes of pudding per week to satisfy the demand!
- We use Irish beef and pork in our puddings, sausages, rashers and bacon joints.
- Our main supplier of onions is the Bandon Co-Op, with farms in West Cork.
- Flahavan’s have been supplying the pin-head oats for over 40 years.
- We have a staff of more than 40 local people.
Did you know
- We also have Clonakilty rashers and sausages in our range.
- Clonakilty Gluten free sausages and Blackpudding and Whitepudding.
- The Clonakilty product range is available in the UK.
- There is a Clonakilty vintage bus.
Ireland is exceptionally rich in its traditions and one of the finest is Clonakilty Blackpudding. In the small farmhouses of rural Ireland the modest income of the household was subsidised by the making of blackpudding. It was sold to the butchers of the nearby market…
Guardians of the Secret Recipe
In the 1880s, Philip Harrington continued to make the blackpudding. The blackpudding was also sent overseas to emigrants who longed for the taste of home. The precious recipe was faithfully handed down to Philip’s family. For almost a century the blackpudding was made by Paddy…
The Butcher Shop
Decision Time At the time Edward took over in 1976, he had no interest in making blackpudding and as with other butchers found it more of a chore than anything else. Edward was far more interested in the meat side of the business, and even…
Developing the Clonakilty Range
One thing that will remain untouched is the Clonakilty Blackpudding Secret Recipe. However, we are always looking for ways to improve our products, and enhance our product range with new authentic Clonakilty creations in keeping with our beliefs and interests in food. Clonakilty Whitepudding In…
The Present Day
In 2005 Edward Twomey passed away, having realised his dream. Edward & Colette Twomey strove to bring the traditions of the past, to the present day, and to faithfully guard these traditions long into the future. Video on how Clonakilty Black Pudding is made! Shot…