Ecos Lemongrass 100% Natural Laundry Detergent & Softener 2.96 Litres
ECOS is Earth Friendly's popular, very concentrated laundry detergent made entirely from natural plant extracts. It also includes a built-in coconut-based fabric softener. It cleans very effectively; leaving clothes soft and is delicately fragranced with essential oils and herbs. Its gentle action protects clothes and is kind to sensitive skin.
- Made from renewable plant extracts
- Includes built-in fabric conditioner
- Free of Petrochemicals, Ammonia, Chlorine, Phosphate, GMOs, Palm Oil, SLS, SLES, Formaldehyde and 1,4 Dioxane
- Fragranced with essential oils
- Biodegradable and recyclable packaging
Value and performance have not always been qualities of environmentally-friendly products, but ECOS can beat even conventional products on value whilst maintaining cleaning power. ECOS cleans a typical laundry load with only 29.6ml. Its concentrated formula saves plastic, storage and transport and we pass on these savings to give a very competitive price per wash.
- Lemongrass - Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine (coconut-based surfactant), Sodium Coco-Sulfate (coconut-based surfactant), Cocamidopropylamine Oxide (coconut-based surfactant), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Methylisothiazolinone (preservative), Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Oil (N.O.P. Certified Organic), Equisetum Hiemale (Horsetail Plant) Extract.
- Neutral pH (7-8), rarely causes irritations in customers with skin sensitivities/allergies.
- Non-polluting/100% biodegradable/non-toxic/natural.
- Made of replenishable/sustainable ingredients
- Plant-based surfactants we use do not harm the item being cleaned, your body or the environment
- Color-safe: clothes do not discolor as easily as with other more alkaline detergents
- Palm oil FREE
- use 2.0 oz per FULL load for TOP loading machines; for smaller loads adjust downward
- use 1.0 oz per FULL load for FRONT loading HE machines; for smaller loads adjust downward
- Competitively priced compared to natural and mainstream detergents based on #oz/load and loads/container.
- Contains coconut-based fabric softener
- Free of enzymes, phosphates, chlorine, and petroleum ingredients
- Low sudsing: Great for top loading and front loading machines and hand-washing
- Septic tank and gray-water system safe: biocompatible with a wide variety of wastewater and gray water treatment systems; doesn’t eliminate bacteria that make septic systems work efficiently
- Easy to recycle #2 HDPE plastic containers
- Ideal for hand-washing (esp. cold-water washing)
- Ideal and gentle enough for baby clothes and delicate fabrics
- Use in all temperatures
- Suitable for all types of fabrics
- Great for top loading and front loading machines
- Fragrance-free is great for persons allergic/sensitive to natural oils/fragrances
- Doesn’t irritate skin.
- Doesn’t eliminate bacteria that make septic systems work efficiently
- It really works
- Safe for you and the environment
We pledge that our products are environmentally responsible, work well and provide value. We will never test on animals or use animal ingredients. We will conduct business in a socially responsible manner that safeguards the earth.
Earth Friendly Products: A short history
Our family began by making cleaners for industrial use before Corvettes had fins. When your grandmother was wearing a poodle skirt and drinking a float at the soda fountain, we were earning our first patents
Decades later, when Jimi Hendrix turned rock upside down and played guitar with his teeth, we started our own quiet rebellion. We decided: only cleaners that were plant-based. Only paper that was recycled. Only products not tested on animals, period.
Does it sound boring to say we’re family owned and operated? Because what it means to us is that it’s personal. We’ve been around, well – seems like forever. We know how to make cleaners that CLEAN, paper goods that work (with 80% post-consumer content, and that’s good,) detergents that won’t harm a fiber of your clothing, and a phosphate-free auto dish soap that won’t etch anything. Ever.
We’re earth Friendly Products. Green. Clean.
And really, really good at both.
OTHER THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US
- Earth Friendly Products is a “champion” in the eyes of the Environmental Protection Agency and its Safer Detergents Stewardship Initiative, or SDSI. We are committed to the use of safe surfactants (wetting agents in detergent “that break down quickly to non-polluting compounds and help protect aquatic life in both fresh and salt water,” as the EPA says). In accordance with SDSI, our products are readily biodegradable, non-toxic, free of phosphates, and have a neutral pH. Because they are plant-based and petroleum-free, our surfactants do not bio-accumulate or mimic human hormones.
- We are very proud to have won awards and recognition, including:
- Being chosen as one of the “Best in the Green” products by Avalon Communications (2007).
- Best line of cruelty-free household products from PETA (2007).
- Readers’ Choice Award from Natural Home Magazine for best cleaning products (2002).
- Quality Institute International (American Culinary Institute) 2002/2003 Gold Performance Award/Medal for best citrus-based cleaners.
- Socially Responsible Business Award (2003)
- Earth Friendly Products has international distribution of a retail line of over 60 household products, an industrial/bulk Pro-Line of over 25 products, and a Natural Pet Care Line of 16 items. Our products may be purchased at a variety of retail outlets and on our web site.
- FIRST To eliminate 1,4 Dioxane, a carcinogen, from all products.
- FIRST To stop use of salts in all cleaners, an action necessary to protect water supplies.
- FIRST To eliminate Formaldehyde, a pernicious toxin.
- FIRST / ONLY To introduce a patented neutral pH automatic dishwashing product, WAVE® Gel.
- TOP SELLING Green Laundry product worldwide, ECOS® laundry detergent.
- ONLY Green manufacturer with plants strategically located in 5 regions.
- FIRST To generate more than 50% of our plant electrical needs by using solar panels.
- FIRST In sustainability.
- ONLY Green primary manufacturing company. We're a one-link supply chain. We don't contract our manufacturing to others. We control the entire process. We respond to new research and customer preferences immediately.