A creamy custard dessert topped with a hard caramelised sugar. A truly timeless dessert.
- All Natural Colours
- All Natural Flavours
- No Preservatives
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Product size: 105gm
- Servings per package: 4
- Serving size: 125
Easy to make simply add milk and cream. No artificial colours or flavours. Suitable for vegetarians. A creamy custard dessert topped with hard caramelised sugar.
Sugar, Maize Starch, Natural Flavouring, Gelling Agents (Carrageenan, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate), Colour (Annatto)
Preparation & Storage
You will need:
- 1 sachet of Hansells crème brûlée mix250ml
- Cream (UK double cream) 250ml whole milk
- Sugar 4 x 150ml
- Ramekins or heat proof serving dishes
1. Measure the milk and cream into a small saucepan.
2. Sprinkle over the contents of the sachet and whisk to remove lumps.
3. Cook over medium high heat until boiling, turn down heat and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Remove from heat and pour into the ramekins or heat proof serving dishes.
4. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 1 1/2 hrs.
5. When ready to serve, sprinkle a thin layer of sugar over the brûlée and caramelise it with a cooks blow torch or under a very hot grill.Caution - the caramelised sugar and ramekin will be very hot.Once prepared, keep refrigerated and consume within 48hrs.
Store in a cool, dry place.